Introduction -: In the early stage the waterfall model was very famous for completing the software development process. After some time developer face various problem for developing a software. The main problem was included handling change requests from client during software development. Another problem is the high cost and time required to incorporate these changes. For solution of these problem in 1990,s a new model was launched . This name was the Agile Software Development model.
What is Agile Model -: The concept of Agile model that every project handled in different way. In another words we can say that the agile model works according the project requirement. In this model task are divided into time boxes.Iterative approach is taken and working software build is delivered after every iteration. every build is incremental in terms of features. The final build holds all the features required by the user requirement.
Agile software development is more than frameworks such as Scrum, Extreme Programming or Feature-Driven Development (FDD).It is a pair programming, test-driven development, stand-ups, planning sessions and sprints.
Agile model was the combination of two model first was the iterative and second was incremental process models. There were few steps of Agile Software development model.
- Collect the requirement
- Requirement analysis
Requirement gathering -: Like any other model in this model first priority is the collect the requirement information from software as like what is the use of software,etc.
Requirement analysis -: After collect the information the next phase comes to analysis the requirement.Understand the requirement of project.
Design -: The next phase comes of agile model was design. Make the good design of the project .
Coding -: After the design of software the next part is coding. Create the coding of software.
Testing -: After creating the coding of model next phase come of testing of software .
Advantage of Agile model
There are many advantage of agile model these are the ..
- First is the Customer satisfaction by rapid, continuous delivery of useful software.
- People and connected to each other . Customers, developers and testers constantly interact with each other.
- In this model face-to-face conversation is the best part of communication. daily cooperation between business people and developers.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design.
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstances.
- Even late changes in requirements are welcomed
Disadvantage of agile model
There are multiple disadvantage of this models. These are the..
- In this model some software are deliverable.
- especially the largest ones, it is difficult to assess the effort required at the beginning of the software development life cycle.
- There are lack of emphasis on necessary designing and documentation.
- The project can easily get taken off track if the customer representative is not clear what final outcome what he want.
- Only senior developer are able to take the decision.The decision required during the development process. Hence it has no place for new programmers, unless combined with experienced resources.